1.19.2017

2017


"living hands open"

i loved 2016. It was full of lots of highs and a few lows. Lots of learning, lots of growing and lots of figuring things out. But it was also a year of learning and growing into the idea that i don't have to have everything figured out. What a beautiful and freeing concept.

i don't like to do new years resolutions. Mostly i find them a cliché and too easy to forget. Instead i try to choose a word or a sentence for the year. Sometimes it's a Bible verse and other times it's a sentence like the one above - "living hands open."

This was an idea that came to me through my pastor when he offered me a job a few months ago. It wasn't a job that i felt qualified for and it wasn't one that i had ever seen myself doing, but when he said those words it affirmed that this was what God had in mind for me for this moment.

i want 2017 to be a year that i live with hands open towards heaven and a heart that is willing to be lead by God. 2016 was a year that was full of unknowns (and i fully anticipate 2017 to be similar) but God faithfully met me in the unknown and made it clear where He wanted me.

So, hands open...? That means digging deep into prayer and opening my ears and heart to hear God's will. It sounds a little daunting, but i love that God is a God of details and He won't leave me hanging out there in the unknown alone.

In the words of Jon Foreman: "So why should i worry? Why do i freak out? God knows what i need. You know what i need."

Happy 2017! May it be the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment