3.24.2017

musical memories


Music has a special place in my heart. i've been playing piano since i was three and i guess it's just been woven into my life because of that. And it's not just piano! i am always on the look out for new, good music. i've noticed lately, though, that i really connect songs with memories - especially trip memories - so i thought i'd share some of these!

More Heart, Less Attack - Needtobreathe
"Be the wheels, not the track. Be the wanderer that's coming back."
This song will always remind me of driving around Portland, Oregon a few summers ago. It was the first time i'd been to the city and we listened to it time after time after time (after time) as we drove around. i love that the song starts out so chill and then builds in the bridge!

Your Love is Strong - Jon Foreman
"So why do i worry? Why do i freak out? God knows what i need. He knows what i need"
i had the incredible opportunity to go to China a few months back (something i never expected to do) and as we prepared to go to the Great Wall i knew that i wanted something special to remind myself of being in that amazing place. So i brought my ipod with me and found a spot on one of the guard towers to sit by myself and listen to this song. It's always been one of my favorites because the lyrics are so applicable and the simple melody is so beautiful, but now it will forever remind me of the Great Wall!

Busted Heart (Hold On To Me) - For King & Country
"i am the wandering son. Enough is never enough. i keep chasing the wind instead of chasing Your love"
This one reminds me of Australia. This trip was one of my favorites i've ever been on and this cd had come out a bit before i went! Needless to say it was on repeat throughout the 20+ hours of flying i did in those two weeks. i love that it's a song where the singer is singing to God. And it's catchy and reminds me of the blue 20 degree water! What's not to love!

Washed By the Water - Needtobreathe
"Even when the storm comes, i am washed by the water"
i didn't used to like Needtobreathe... shocking, i know! But this concert changed my mind! We were outside, they had just finished singing this song and started into another when it started to absolutely downpour. Like raining like no other. Almost without thinking, they transitioned back into the chorus of this song and it was absolutely unreal. Thousands of voices, in the pouring rain, singing about God washing our sins away! It's a picture i have in my mind whenever this song comes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment